[racket-dev] raco setup & documentation indexing change?

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 28 15:48:59 EDT 2011

I was seeing that searches that were performed by typing in the
browser when viewing the file:

  file:///Users/robby/Library/Racket/5.2.0.1/doc/search/index.html

contained links in some strange place (a temporary racket tree I'd
made to test something at some earlier point in time).

I deleted the directory /Users/robby/Library/Racket/5.2.0.1/ and then
ran 'raco setup' and now my links go to the right place. I didn't used
to have to delete the directory to get this behavior.

Robby

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 2:46 PM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> `raco docs' sets the browser cookie to point to a user-specific
> documentation page, not `raco setup'.
>
> At Fri, 28 Oct 2011 14:43:13 -0500, Robby Findler wrote:
>> I believe it used to be the case that I could run "raco setup" and
>> rely on the user-specific search html file being updated to whatever
>> version of the documentation that the 'raco' came from. This does not
>> seem to be the case anymore (I've noticed it for a few days, but I'm
>> not sure when/if this changed).
>>
>> Does anyone know about this? Was it intentional?

Posted on the dev mailing list.