[racket-dev] for/match construct?

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 25 20:23:28 EDT 2011

Matthew and I talked about this today, and we decided that we should
create a parallel set of matchized versions of the `for' macros,
rather than my previous experiment which added an `in-match' form that
changed the semantics of `for' clause bindings.  I've started
implementing this; fortunately it doesn't require exposing
`define-for-variants'.

The one semantic question is about match failure, should that be
treated as dropping the element from the sequence, or as a dynamic
error.  For the parallel, ie non-* variants, I don't think it makes
sense.  For the nested versions, it would make sense, but I'm unsure
about whether it's a good idea.

Any thoughts, particularly in the form of use cases, are welcome.

--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu

Posted on the dev mailing list.