[racket-dev] while resizing drawing into a canvas is off

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 20 08:53:08 EDT 2011

At Thu, 20 Oct 2011 11:16:59 +0200, Marijn wrote:
> Could you perhaps comment on the slowness of the cursor appearing in a
> clicked cell? It seems to have something to do with the timer
> frequency, because if I decrease the frequency the first time that the
> cursor appears is also sooner after clicking in a cell.

I think you need to add `(send grid refresh)' to the admin's
`set-focus' method.

Calling `on-focus' doesn't make an editor request a refresh, so the
refresh is currently happening only when the caret is blinked (which
does cause a refresh request).

> Another thing. How do you enable simple select/copy/cut/paste behavior
> with standard key-bindings in an editor?

Apply `(current-text-keymap-initializer)' to the editor.

Posted on the dev mailing list.