[racket-dev] Distributing C libraries (was: Re: New plot library pushed)

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Wed Oct 5 17:25:18 EDT 2011

On Oct 5, 2011, at 9:45 AM, Neil Toronto wrote:

> I've just pushed the new 'plot' library.
>
> Eli and I both forgot that the new 'plot' still needs the old libfit, and removed it along with libplplot. I just added libfit back (the sources are in "src/fit" now instead of "src/plot/fit") along with the proper configure, Makefile.in, and get-libs.rkt changes.

Tangential question: it looks like your distribution philosophy here is to insist that users have a C compiler installed. Is this correct? So people without a compiler can't use the package? (I realize that if it's true of your package, it's almost certainly true of the earlier one, as well; I'm just curious, because my sound library has the same issue.)

John