[racket-dev] [racket] Question about round

From: Vincent St-Amour (stamourv at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 3 15:16:37 EDT 2011

At Sat, 1 Oct 2011 12:41:26 -0400,
Stephen Bloch wrote:
> I think Vincent was proposing that "round" continue to return an
> integer (which makes sense -- that is its raison d'etre) but that all
> integers be exact.  At present, "round" always returns an integer, but
> this integer is exact only if the input was exact.

Not exactly.

I wasn't suggesting any change to `round'. I was suggesting changing
`integer?' to only return true for exact integers.

This means that the results of `round' would usually not return true
when passed to `integer?', but they could still be considered inexact
integers.

But anyway, there is enough opposition to the proposal that things are
unlikely to change, at least for now.

Vincent

Posted on the dev mailing list.