[racket-dev] Gathering GC statistics for Racket programs

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sun Oct 2 18:53:22 EDT 2011

With regard to my GC statistics tool, I said the following:

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 6:50 PM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <samth at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> 2. If you have multiple places, it will do totally the wrong thing.
> Fixing this will require a little more information from Racket.

I implemented the necessary bits in Racket today, but it didn't help.
It turns out that the initial value of `(current-logger)' only
receives events from the initial place.  That means that a program
can't set up a log receiver for the whole program, just for one place.

It would be nice to have a way to get around this limitation -- either
forward on child-place log messages, have the main place log all GC
events, or something else.
--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu