[racket-dev] [racket] Disable/Enable Tests

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 27 22:47:50 EST 2011

[ moved to dev ]

Apparently this broke somewhere in between v5.0 (June 2010) where it
works and v5.1 (Feb 2011) where it doesn't. I can't use git bisect to
find the precise commit because the earlier version doesn't compile on
either my windows or my mac machine (mac is lion and windows uses too
new of a version of visual studio).

And I *hate* touching this code because something always ends up
broken. I got really mad last time this code broke and so I hope we
have better test suites now because of that, but I'm really not
excited by the prospect of trying to change it again. Not only is the
code hard to understand because it is poorly written, it is also
unclear what parts of DrRacket it influences.

Given all of this, my inclination is to simply remove this option. So
far the only one who has spoken in favor of it gave a reason that
(thankfully) no longer applies.

Any objections? Comments?

Mike?

Robby