[racket-dev] breaking news nearly invisible

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Tue May 24 14:31:11 EDT 2011

John Clements wrote at 05/24/2011 01:47 PM:
> I saw a commit go by that seemed to suggest that the racket-lang web page now included some kind of "breaking news" item regarding RacketCon.  So I went to the web site but... nothing.

If you want an 10-second solution to make it more prominent for most
everyone, you could change the background of the box to a yellow
(Post-It Note metaphor), maybe with a thin red border.  It's OK if it
doesn't quite fit in to the style, because it is new, temporary, and
made to stand out.  You could make it complementary in style to the very
noticeable "Download Racket" icon.

(I actually noticed the "RacketCon" graphic yesterday before the email
went out, when I went to the home page yesterday to click on the
"Community" link.  Probably because of visual memory that something had
changed in the page, and/or because the italics were different than
everything else, and/or because, textually, the word "RacketCon" was
unfamiliar.  But, for people of all visual inclinations, and people not
already familiar with the busy home page, the current graphic is a bit
reserved.)

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/