[racket-dev] planet-version follies with old planet packages

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Sat May 14 23:58:53 EDT 2011

I've been having trouble with an older PLaneT package, and I've finally narrowed it down to a problem with the change in version-numberings.

Specifically, I install Jens Soegaard's gzip.plt package (which installs all right), and then I can't use it.  The problem turns out to be that planet won't let me run it, because it thinks that the required & provided versions of racket are

#(struct:mz-version 40000 0)
#(struct:mz-version 501 1005)

... so I just need to wait for version 400.00 to come out!

I see how I can hack around this problem by editing the required-version in the info.ss file, but if I'm correct, this means that no planet packages that precede the version-numbering change can be used.  It seems hard to believe that this wouldn't have been noticed, though, so perhaps I'm wrong...

John