[racket-dev] Redirecting documentation links

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri May 6 11:06:35 EDT 2011

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 10:15 AM, Robby Findler
<robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
> I think the right way to do this is to use defidthing with a minimal
> description and a pointer over to the racket for.

That's certainly possible, but I don't think it's the right user
experience for someone programming in Typed Racket.  If they click
Check Syntax, I'd like the documentation option to go directly to what
they want, rather than through an indirection.

> Unless it is literally the same binding (re-exported), in which case
> you can make scribble do that.
>
> (Macros can tell the difference, after all.)

Macros can tell a lot of differences that we don't reflect in the
documentation (such as being the same binding, re-exported).
--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu

Posted on the dev mailing list.