[racket-dev] Inline caching (was Re: my '312' this semester, how we compare to others)

From: Jos Koot (jos.koot at telefonica.net)
Date: Wed May 4 17:42:26 EDT 2011

That to me seems most important.
Of course inplementation of an algortithm requires wisdom too:

Is cashing of data faster than recomputing them?
How do we deal with shortage of RAM?
How do we optimize software? (nowadays surely not by hand)
Do software devellopers inspire hardware designers, or may/should it be the
orher way around?
There is a tendency to separate programmers from the hardware equipment they
are using. Is this wise?

I think hardware designers must understand programmers and vice versa.
Most important, both parties must understand their customers.

mho, Jos