[racket-dev] change default binding of c:x; c:w to "save definitions as..." ?

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Tue Mar 22 12:40:29 EDT 2011

On Mar 21, 2011, at 2:33 PM, Robby Findler wrote:

> Not from me.

I just spent a few minutes fussing with my own private keymap, and I've hit a (minor?) roadblock. This code:

  (when (eq? (system-type) 'macosx)
    ;; first, let's try the one we think is there...
    (kb "d:s:s" "Save Definitions"))

...doesn't have the desired effect, presumably because "Save Definitions" (& "Save Definitions As...") aren't found in the keymap's list of function names. I just checked out the docs for keymap%, and it doesn't look like I can extract that list of names programmatically.  Also, five minutes of grepping located the save-definitions string constant, but not the place in the code where it's added to a keymap (if it is).  The "show current keymap" includes the binding for "Save Definitions", which suggests that it's in there.

So, it looks like either

1) The binding is there, I just haven't guessed the right name for it,
2) the binding is not there, and I would have to roll it myself by adding gui code, or
3) I'm barking up the wrong tree entirely :).

Any suggestions appreciated.

John