[racket-dev] LGPL

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 4 09:15:59 EST 2011

On Mar 3, 2011, at 10:45 PM, Neil Van Dyke wrote:

> Some individual contributors will believe strongly in open source licenses

As you know, we are working on a package system that should resolve this issue. A contributor who wishes to impose a different source license than 'same as Racket' can do so and distribute his package separately in both a logical sense and a legal sense.

> I didn't mind giving full nonexeclusive rights to that CSV parser as "same terms as Racket", just for the sake of expedience on that small contribution.

Thank you very much. As the primary meta-user of this package (it's really redistributed via HtDP/2e) I appreciate your quick agreement very much.

-- Matthias

Posted on the dev mailing list.