[racket-dev] interactive hack

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Mon Jul 11 23:39:51 EDT 2011

Yesterday, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> Ok, `4racket' and a beer for anyone who knows why.

(Maybe `4repl'...)

Yesterday, Neil Van Dyke wrote:
> 4DOS.

Yes!  Name your favorite brand and I'll bring it...

Yesterday, D Herring wrote:
> On 07/10/2011 01:51 PM, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> > Ok, `4racket' and a beer for anyone who knows why.
>
> A pun on forehand?  Racketlon?
>
> If you're looking for odd names,
> rash: racket shell

This one should be used by an actual shell-thing.

> riti: racket interactive text/terminal interface

Too acronymy, and too obscure for me to remember...

> and Scribble needs to loose its Scheming name and become Rabble.

:)  (FWIW, "Scribble" never had any relationship to "Scheme", I just
looked for something in the spirit of existing documentation
"things".)

> Otherwise, the "long and obvious" naming style has a lot of merit.

The problem is that it's that obvious, which made me question the
utility of a longish name.