[racket-dev] New error messages for *SL

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 7 09:19:19 EDT 2011

On Jul 7, 2011, at 5:31 AM, Ryan Culpepper wrote:

> On 07/06/2011 03:59 AM, Guillaume Marceau wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> [2]    If you are the author of a teachpack, please update your error
>> messages
>>       to match this new style. You can follow the error message completion
>>       guidelines, which are now in the main documentation under the "How to
>>       Design Programs Teachpacks" header. Send me e-mail if you need help.
>
> Shouldn't the documentation be in the "HtDP Languages as Libraries" manual instead? My understanding was that the "*How to Design Programs* Teachpacks" manual was for students and the "HtDP Languages as Libraries" manual was for implementors.

I clarified personally but for 'dev' in general. There should be three sets of docs:

1. HtDP teachpacks --- for students

2. How to Design HtDP Teachpack -- for teachers courageous enough to implement teachpacks

3. HtDP Languages --- for implementors of teaching languages

Posted on the dev mailing list.