[racket-dev] New error messages for *SL

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Thu Jul 7 03:37:26 EDT 2011

Four minutes ago, Michael Sperber wrote:
> Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> writes:
> > It's just code, so you do have direct support.
>
> Yeah, well, except you run into trouble almost immediately because
> that code contains references, and Scribble is sensitive to all
> kinds of side conditions involving references.

I'm not sure which references you're talking about here, but yes, you
need to be aware of things -- for example, since `racket' is a macro,
you need to have any abstraction over its contents be a macro too.
(That's the only kind of reference I can think of ATM.)

> At the time, you proposed a complicated macro to work around the
> ensuing problems.

(I still don't remember...  Maybe it was Matthew?  (I'm often confused
with him when it gets to scribble...))