[racket-dev] New error messages for *SL

From: Guillaume Marceau (gmarceau at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 6 09:36:35 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 9:14 AM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> In the case of the HtDP languages, was the choice to duplicate all the
> text deliberate, or was it a side-effect of some other change?

Yes, this was a deliberate move away from the no-duplication style
used in the professional documentation, for pedagogical reasons.

At each language level, I gathered in a separate section called
"Common Syntax" the forms that that level has in common with the
previous level. The idea is to make it possible to get a quick sense
of of the commonality between the levels, while giving the students
confidence that documentation page they are looking at is
comprehensive.

Posted on the dev mailing list.