[racket-dev] documentation reorganization

From: Guillaume Marceau (gmarceau at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 1 22:57:37 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 8:45 PM, Ryan Culpepper <ryan at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> I just pushed a commit intended to improve the usability of the main
> documentation page, especially for newcomers to Racket. You can also
> see the new version here:

This is great.

Heres a few comments that come to mind:

Underneath the "Teaching" header, the first item is "How to Design
Programs", it should probably read "How to Design Programs, the Book".

RackLog should be under "Languages" or under "Experimental Languages",
not under "Tools".

I am nominating RackUnit for promotion to the "Racket Language and
Core Libraries" section. I would demote "drawing toolkit" if you don't
want the section to get any larger. As it is, there are two items that
make the sales pitch "we can draw things in windows", but none that
say "we take testing seriously".

The racket/gui manual should have a duplicate entry under "GUI and
graphics libraries".

Posted on the dev mailing list.