[racket-dev] Git

From: Stevie Strickland (sstrickl at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 7 12:43:34 EST 2011

On Jan 7, 2011, at 12:29 PM, Robby Findler wrote:
> Then, on the laptop, I did a git pull, and I ended up with the commits
> back in the original order and a merge commit afterwards but I would
> rather just have my state be like the server's was.

Then don't do git pull.  That not only updates your remotes, but does a "git merge" (which will create a merge point if it's not a simple fast-forward, as you've seen here).  What you want to do is update your remotes using "git remote update", and then use "git reset --hard" to reset to the server's master (or whichever branch off of which you're working).

Stevie

Posted on the dev mailing list.