[racket-dev] Git

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 5 21:10:07 EST 2011

I too am quite happy we've switched. Thanks all. And Matthew, not too
long ago, showed me "git rebase -i origin" which, combined with git
commit --amend has really helped out my workflow.

So.. I have a question. I'd like to move from one machine to another
without pushing to the main repo. I know one way to do that is to use
my own copy but it also seems like I should be able to just pick up
those changes and scp 'em over to some other machine and apply them
with git format-patch and git am. Anyone do that? Does it seem
advisable? (Any hints on how to do it?)

Robby

Posted on the dev mailing list.