[racket-dev] Packaging

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sat Feb 19 16:03:28 EST 2011

5 hours ago, Jay McCarthy wrote:
> 2011/2/18 Jos Koot <jos.koot at telefonica.net>:
> > For a simple windows 7 user as I it is rather difficult to use
> > command line instructions. I plead for an easy to use gui for
> > making contributions.
>
> I think this is orthogonal to the project, but I do mention how
> important it is to have an easy way of getting packages
> post-installation. I was imagining that this would be a separate GUI
> tool that was auto-launched on Windows installation and suggested on
> "first launch" of DrRacket.

General reminder: when you're at the "first launch" step, you're
already beyond the point of adding installation wide content.  You're
some student in some class that is annoyed at their sysadmins not
installing something, and annoyed at the constant popups since they're
working on public machines that are getting wiped on every logout.  Or
you're a sysadmin that gets annoyed at the fact that the need to
interact with the installer.