[racket-dev] Packaging

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 18 17:39:01 EST 2011

Minor comment: why encourage names like "libgtk" and "libgtk2" instead
of a major and minor version number (ala PLaneT)? Don't we want those
two libraries to be associated somehow (at least loosely)?

Also, it also isn't clear which of the complaints with PLaneT you're
actually dealing with. I don't see anything about security for example
or the discovery issue.

And one fairly abstract worry: can I end up in a situation where I had
a working system with dependencies between packages being "obvious"
but install a new package and fall out of the "obvious" realm in some
potentially confusing way?

Robby