[racket-dev] okay to add planet error check?

From: Carl Eastlund (cce at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 15 15:55:01 EST 2011

I have a "make unlink" target in my Planet-development Makefile that
removes all the development links I commonly use.  I use it to start
fresh, when some or all of the links are installed.  I would rather
keep the ability to use it regardless of the current set of installed
links, than have it fail partway through.

On the other hand, I don't need this behavior to be the default.  If
you want to make raco signal an error by default, and add a --quiet or
--force option to restore the current behavior, that would be fine by
me.

Carl Eastlund

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 3:41 PM, John Clements
<clements at brinckerhoff.org> wrote:
> Currently, raco planet does not signal an error on the removal of a nonexistent link:
>
> pcp070580pcs:~/sxml clements$ raco planet unlink frooty bogus.plt 3 4
> pcp070580pcs:~/sxml clements$
>
> Anyone mind if I change the code to signal an error in this case?
>
> John Clements

Posted on the dev mailing list.