[racket-dev] call for ideas

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 9 01:59:38 EST 2011

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 2:45 AM, Matthias Felleisen <matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> We have decided to reorganize the systems maintenance tasks over the
> next few months. Part of the goal is to modernize, and part of the goal
> is to give Eli more time for real projects.

Good plan.

> - DNS

What's there to do? If I fiddle with our DNS setting once a year that's a lot.

> - web pages

We use Bytemark's Symbiosis
(http://www.bytemark.co.uk/hosting/symbiosis) on our machine for
hosting simple sites. It has simple config and auto-updates with
security updates.

> - mailing lists

Google groups. Life is too short to mess around with email :)

> - source repository

Github. It has this system to hook into commits:

  http://help.github.com/post-receive-hooks/

> - bug reporting

Kahu (http://www.getkahu.com/) It is written in Racket. :)

[If you seriously consider this, we'll set you up with demo accounts.
Kahu is billed as helpdesk (= bug tracking) and resource management so
it isn't a perfect fit.]

There are many other bug tracking systems.

> - @racket-lang.org mail addresses

Google.

N.

Posted on the dev mailing list.