[racket-dev] Responding to old bug reports

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 1 11:16:30 EST 2011

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 10:13 AM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <samth at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> In my role as bug czar, I've been trying to work through the backlog
> of old unexamined bugs.  Unfortunately, many of them (a) have very
> little information and (b) are from a long time ago.  A good example
> is this one: http://bugs.racket-lang.org/query/?cmd=view&pr=9481

IMO, this one can just be closed. It appears to be someone working on
a homework assignment and sending us their error message. I don't
think there is anything use to be learned by pursuing this report.

You could put them in feedback and expire them after, say, a year. Or
something like that.

Robby

Posted on the dev mailing list.