[racket-dev] online check syntax deadlock: can you help?

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 31 20:08:31 EDT 2011

I've been seeing for some time now a deadlock in online check syntax.
That is, after a while it just gets stuck and fails to complete the
online check syntax. Typically what you see is the little blue dot
come on but the cpu load drop to zero without any check syntax arrows
ever showing up.

Matthew and I have fixed a few things that could lead to these
symptoms and I've just now pushed a change to compiler/cm to add some
more informative logging.

So: if you have the energy, can you please run DrRacket like this:

  racket -W info -l- drracket

instead of using the ususal drracket command line and save the output,
sending me the last few hundred or thousand lines or so when you
notice that it gets stuck?

Thanks,
Robby

Posted on the dev mailing list.