[racket-dev] drRacket Close/Close tab

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 31 09:47:32 EDT 2011

Robby, two comments on that Apple UI guideline document:

1. It makes a distinction between Close and Close All.

2. It never mentions the word "tab" (in the sense in which we're using
it).  Its unit of interaction appears to be the window, not the tab.

In that sense, it doesn't appear to offer a clear guideline on tabs,
but if one were to extrapolate that what used to be a whole window has
now become a tab, it seems acceptable for "Close" to close the current
tab.  (Whether "Close All" should refer to the current window or all
windows is then ambiguous.)

On the other hand, given that it says nothing about "tabs", I don't
think one can really to it for guidance in this situation.  (Which
means you're still free to make the behavior consistent across
platforms.)

Shriram

Posted on the dev mailing list.