[racket-dev] Build failure on specific PPC systems

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri Aug 26 05:42:10 EDT 2011

Two days ago, James Vega wrote:

> Since I've generally had more luck using the cgc GC on less
> mainstream systems, I set the build to use that for PowerPC and let
> it be in case things changed and it started working.

This is a bad idea.  There are certain things that are practically
impossible with the CGC.

Also, if plot is making problems, just disable it.  It is likely to be
replaced soon with a racket implementation.  Even if it isn't, the
overall damage from using the CGC is probably higher than not having
plot.