[racket-dev] sporadic failure when building PLaneT docs

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sat Aug 20 13:35:50 EDT 2011

So, it doesn't look like this is related to the sandbox, and perhaps
also unrelated to planet -- unless the resolver is hooked in some bad
way.  I managed to minimize it to this:

  ---> tmp.rkt
  #lang racket/base
  (require (planet neil/numspell))

Running `racket tmp.rkt' shows the failure, and requiring the file
from the repl shows it too.  But I couldn't get a failure if the
planet module is required directly.

In an attempt to minimize it, I got the planet resolver code (in
"collects/planet/private/resolver.rkt") down to just the following:

  #lang racket/base
  (define resolver
    (case-lambda
      [(name)
       (void)]
      [(spec module-path stx load? orig-paramz)
       (parameterize ([current-namespace (make-base-namespace)])
         (eprintf "1 ~s\n" (list spec module-path stx load? orig-paramz))
         (eval '(module program racket/base))
         (eprintf "2\n")
         (eval '(require 'program))
         (eprintf "3\n"))]))
  (provide (rename-out [resolver planet-module-name-resolver]
                       [x install?] [x download?]
                       [x resolve-planet-path] [x get-planet-module-path/pkg]))
  (define x 1)

and this still shows the same error.  I can try to minimize it further
if someone can point me where/how the resolver is hooked in.  I tried
some things with parameterizing `current-module-name-resolver'
directly, but that doesn't work.