[racket-dev] sporadic failure when building PLaneT docs

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 20 08:29:53 EDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 10:28 PM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> 9 minutes ago, Robby Findler wrote:

>> > I have no idea what the problem is, or how to get it without involving
>> > planet.
>>
>> I don't see why that should stop you.
>>
>> To spur you along, I've noticed that the sandbox creates a module with
>> the name 'program from the use-lang function on line 518 which seems
>> to be making its way over to the argument to evaluate-program (line
>> 564) and from there the module is required but without, apparently,
>> ever evaluating the module (or maybe evaluating it in a different
>> namespace).
>>
>> This sure seems like something that someone who is familiar with how
>> the sandbox code works could shed some light on. I tried working
>> through the code a little bit this evening but find it difficult to
>> read.
>
> I still don't know what "this" is referring to, besides some getting
> some vague idea that Danny's code has some problem.

"this" was referring to the fact that the sandbox code creates a
module, seems to fail to load it, and then requires it. There was
nothing about Danny's code in "this".

Overall, I'm not saying that it is a sandbox bug (except it sure seems
to be at least a case of bad argument checking), but I am saying that
it would be helpful if you'd look into it. If you have time.

Robby

Posted on the dev mailing list.