[racket-dev] Fwd: ace?

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Tue Aug 16 14:42:55 EDT 2011

Eli Barzilay wrote at 08/16/2011 02:20 PM:
> Isn't this just a JS-based editor?

CodeMirror a rather nice JS-based text editor for programming languages,
as JS-based text editors for programming languages go, and includes a
Scheme language mode.

Danny Yoo has used CodeMirror in the implementation of WeScheme.

> As for interactive examples, that would be "easy" with a sandbox.  The
> usual caveats are that it won't be able to show off functionality
> related to FS operations, FFI, GUI, and probably a few more.

Well, if you wanted to support FS operations and FFI, and you have a
spare server with the virtualization helper CPU instructions, setting up
a KVM VM per session is doable for moderate traffic.  (New Linux VM per
user session; COW disks; pipe each session to a Racket process in the
respective VM; have a fresh VM loaded in the chamber for the next new
session)  I'd be willing to bang out a couple Racket libraries to
control the virtualization, if someone really wanted this.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/