[racket-dev] Downloading DrRacket for Mac is hard?

From: Jens Axel Søgaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Sat Aug 13 19:26:25 EDT 2011

2011/8/11 Guillaume Marceau <gmarceau at gmail.com>

> I received a plea for help from a person who is attempting to learn
> how to program for the first time.

I installed the new Boxee program on OS X recently.
After opening the disk image, one sees the message (paraphrased)
"To install drag the Boxee icon to Applications".

Is this an idea for the Racket OS X installer?

One more thing. After installing a new Racket version, I normally do one
extra thing:
  - make /Applications/Racket point via a symbolic link to the latest
version
And since I previously have put /Applications/Racket/bin/ in my path this
no further changes are need in order to use racket and friends from in
the terminal.

Maybe a paragraph on putting the command line tools in the path
be mentioned in a README (maybe they already are, but in that
case I missed it).

--
Jens Axel Søgaard