[racket-dev] Downloading DrRacket for Mac is hard?

From: Stephen Bloch (sbloch at adelphi.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 13 20:24:18 EDT 2011

On Aug 13, 2011, at 7:52 PM, Eli Barzilay wrote:

> 10 minutes ago, Shriram Krishnamurthi wrote:
>> Yes, but the grey means I'm unlikely to move my cursor over it in
>> the first place.  Why grey it out at all?
>
> Because this whole thread started with someone who was confused by the
> existence of this selection.

No, I think it was someone who was confused by the absence of an
easy, almost-certainly-correct default.

I agree with the suggestion that the button text should say which
version it thinks is correct, so you can tell immediately if it's
wrong.  If the user selects something different in the combo box, the
button text should change to match it.

Stephen Bloch
sbloch at adelphi.edu