[racket-dev] The Stepper strikes again

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri Aug 12 16:53:33 EDT 2011

20 minutes ago, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> I just noticed that Stephen added some properties to support the
> syntax stepper into racket/private/promise.rkt at 6921960c.  This is a
> bad idea -- *please* try find a way to remove it.

If all else fails, here's an idea:

5 hours ago, samth at racket-lang.org wrote:
> d948626 Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <samth at racket-lang.org> 2011-08-10 17:55
> | Use syntax-track-origin more pervasively to get the right arrows
> | in check syntax.

It's something that is cooperating with check-syntax, but the facility
itself is completely independent of it.  If there's need for such
annotations for the stepper, they might be rephrased in such a generic
way -- this might make sense for other macros (and languages), and the
generic thing is more easily used by other code.  (Even just a rename
means that it turns from "something that John or Stephen will change
if they feel like it" to "something that you can use to achieve X".)