[racket-dev] Downloading DrRacket for Mac is hard?

From: Jakub Piotr Cłapa (jpc-ml at zenburn.net)
Date: Thu Aug 11 17:46:59 EDT 2011

On 11.08.11 09:25, Eli Barzilay wrote:
>> If so, then the next
>> step is to change the layout to:
>>
>>       Download:  __Macintosh OS X (Intel i386)__
>>       (this is the version of DrRacket for your system. In rare cases,
>> you might need a version for a __different system__)
>
> This will damage many more people.

Why? If someone knows what he is doing he will go to the manual download
list and select the right choice. If he does not then our (educated by
header/JavaScript sniffing) guess is the best he can hope for.

What are the reasons to not offer the 32bit version as a default on OS
X? And are fat binaries out of the question?

--
regards,
Jakub Piotr Cłapa