[racket-dev] [racket] pretty-big->#lang (was: External connection toFinndesign Liitin)

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 11 09:25:37 EDT 2011

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 9:20 AM, Robby Findler
<robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:

>> How problematic would it be if the DrRacket interactions window didn't
>> make the namespace it uses for evaluation available to the expressions
>> being evaluated?
>
> How would that work? Could drracket compile the expression in the
> namespace that has the insides of the module and then, when evaluating
> it, set the namespace back to the one in effect while running the
> definitions window? (That seems a bit strange; I don't have a good
> idea how it would work.)

What I was thinking was more along the lines of disconnecting the
value of `current-namespace' that DrRacket sees from the value that
the user program sees -- in other words, having that parameter not be
part of the underlying shared portion of Racket like `+', but more
like the things that DrRacket doesn't share, like its inspector.  I
think that would require lower-level changes, though.

--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu

Posted on the dev mailing list.