[racket-dev] Problems compiling Racket-5.1.2 on SunOS5.10(x86)

From: Kent Mein (mein at cs.umn.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 8 14:33:47 EDT 2011

Thanks Eli, Matthew,

I have it building now with --prefix=dir and --enable-shared
Now the only problem is make install is crashing:

raco setup:  in syntax
Racket virtual machine has run out of memory; aborting

I've tried running racet setup -l
afterwards, it gets a little farther but again runs out of memory.
I'm on a box with 32G of memory (12 free) but only
2048M of swap....

I've been doing some googling to try to find a solution.
It seems like other people had problems as well on freebsd and windows.
(I've increased my user limits with the limit command)

Thanks,

Kent
mein at cs.umn.edu
http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein