[racket-dev] Roogle?

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 5 03:41:50 EDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 8:12 AM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> About a minute ago, Noel Welsh wrote:
>> With the power of asynchronous requests (aka ajax) it is. I've gotta
>> fix Myna first; maybe then I'll have a spare moment to implement it.
>
> That doesn't help with the goal of standalone docs.

Sorry, don't understand this.

> Oh, you mean running something *different* on docs.racket-lang.org?

That is one possibility. The other option is to always make an ajax
request to the full text search. It's asynchronous, so it won't stop
page rendering, and if it doesn't return successfully (no Internet
connection, for example) the user experience won't be affected (beyond
not having the full text results in addition to the current javascript
index results).

> (And the search can be
> solved in an even easier way with a google custom search.)

Ok. I thought there were issues with Google, but, yeah, if it works it
is certainly easier than setting up Lucene.

N.

Posted on the dev mailing list.