[racket-dev] New plot library [Was: (to Jay) Re: What I'm working on]

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 3 05:22:42 EDT 2011

This is great -- a better plotting library will make some of work a lot easier.

> Noel: Do you happen to have a kernel density estimator implementation that
> uses FFT or is otherwise more efficient than O(n^2)? Currently, (plot2d
> (density samples)) works, but is slow on large samples.

Nope, sorry.

---

Regarding Guilllaume's point, I have an unfinished library along these lines:

 https://github.com/noelwelsh/bonfire

The basic idea is to compose images out of circles, lines, etc. much
like the new drawing library in HTDP/2e. However I'm allowing
constraints between elements -- e.g. this line must be 110% of the
width of this graphical element. I super don't have time to work on
this so if someone wants to implement this idea that would be great.

Regarding Eli's rebuttal -- *of course* it's badly designed -- it's
R!!! The idea, however, is valid.

N.

Posted on the dev mailing list.