[racket-dev] Release Announcement for v5.1.2

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Mon Aug 1 15:24:45 EDT 2011

15 minutes ago, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> Some initial drafts, maybe too long:
> [...]
> > * Most "body" contexts (function body, `cond', etc) accept a mix of
> >   definitions and expressions.
>
> Wasn't that in v5.0.1? Or did you have in mind the recent changes
> that are not in v5.1.2? Or something else?

[Ugh...  Those changes confused me.  It was in 5.0.2, and I only
looked at 5.1.1 for the past item...]

> The others that might be mine seem too minor to include in an
> announcement.

So items that are dropped:

    * `assoc' accepts an optional argument for the comparison function
      to be used.

    * `procedure-arity-includes?' reports #f for keyword-requiring procs
      by default.

    * New `ffi/winapi' module for use with Windows functions that use
      the Windows API (same as `stdcall' on 32 bits).

Anything else?

I'll also see if I can get things into more coherent shape.