[racket-dev] File is really large (> 5 MB), really open?

From: Jake Eakle (jseakle at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 27 00:58:05 EDT 2010

I would humbly suggest that this dialog should, in order of
ease-to-implement

a) display the size of the file,
b) let the user know why they might not wish to proceed, and
c) give some indication of how much memory they should probably have in
order to expect reasonable performance.

Jake

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 12:19 PM, Robby Findler <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu
> wrote:

> Sure!
>
> Robby
>
> On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 11:14 AM, John Clements
> <clements at brinckerhoff.org> wrote:
> > I accidentally opened a sound file in DrRacket today; cue six minutes of
> thrashing and computer unhappiness.  Would it be okay if I added a
> second-check dialog to DrRacket that checked the size of a file before
> opening it, and asked for confirmation before opening files larger than,
> say, 5MB?
> >
> > John

A warb degombs the brangy. Your gitch zanks and leils the warb.