[racket-dev] Racket documentation

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Wed Sep 22 16:36:25 EDT 2010

Eli Barzilay wrote at 09/22/2010 04:30 PM:
> On Sep 22, Neil Van Dyke wrote:
>
>> I think that you can make online docs sufficiently immediate value-added that people are drawn to use those.
>>

> I don't believe that this will ever be effective enough.  We have a large number of newcomers (because it's being used in courses there's a constant stream of new students who later move on), and these people will never see it.
Can't the the online version can't be the default?

Just don't somehow break the local-copy for the people who want it, is
all I'm asking.

It's OK if the local-copy docs require some savvy to get to.

(Also, when used in developing nations and such, online might not be an
option.)

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/