[racket-dev] try the GRacket2 branch

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 30 11:20:44 EDT 2010

At Fri, 29 Oct 2010 01:04:02 +0200, "Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" wrote:
> In a build from a checkout of a few minutes ago, drracket dies on me
> when i try to resize its window, with the following message to the
> console:
>
> The program '<unknown>' received an X Window System error.
> This probably reflects a bug in the program.
> The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'.
>   (Details: serial 4084 error_code 8 request_code 59 minor_code 0)
>   (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
>    that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
>    To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
>    option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
>    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
>    function.)
>
> I've tried to pass --sync to drracket, but it complains that the flag is
> not recognized.
>
> This is on a debian unstable box with gtk 2.20.1.

This happens consistently for you, I guess? I tried a Debian Unstable
install (with Gtk 2.20.1), and it worked ok for me, so I'm not sure
what's different.

Instead of `--sync', you could provide the `-synchronous' option (i.e,
the old X-style flag, which GRacket supports for compatibility with the
old version and translates to `--sync' for Gtk). Combining that flag
with gdb, you might be able to get some information.

Thanks,
Matthew

Posted on the dev mailing list.