[racket-dev] 5.0.2 changelog

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 28 08:37:42 EDT 2010

I don't agree with this. We put something in there. It has been there
for a full release cycle and we still don't have documentation.
Choosing to not mention it is not reasonable.

Instead I think a bullet like this is what we should put:

* signatures have been restricted to ASL (removed from BSL and ISL and
variants).

Possibly we should also put something about why (so SK can experiment).

Robby

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 6:58 AM, Matthias Felleisen
<matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:

> On Oct 27, 2010, at 11:12 PM, Robby Findler wrote:
>
>> Also, don't forget that we moved the signatures to ASL (and improved
>> various aspects of the implementation).
>

> And be sure to tell them that it is all un(English)documented.
> Do we really want to encourage the current syntax for heaven's
> sake? I am pretty sure I don't like it. Neither does Mike --
> he simply guessed what we might like.
>
> We should wait until Shriram has fixed into what he wants.

Posted on the dev mailing list.