[racket-dev] Web language

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue Oct 26 10:49:10 EDT 2010

5 minutes ago, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote:

> If you're planning to serve things under the text/html mime type
> (which racket-lang.org currently does, for example) then it should
> definitely be called `html'.

Do you mean the "Content-Type" header?  I understood at some point
that this was a valid, and it sounds like this quote (from the second
link you posted):

  Note that XHTML 1.0 previously defined that documents adhering to
  the compatibility guidelines were allowed to be served as text/html,
  but HTML 5 now defines that such documents are HTML, not XHTML.

Keeps it valid -- except that the proper label for this is now "HTML",
and possibly affects parsing in some ways that I'd be insane to rely
on.  Right?