[racket-dev] building docs, compile collects

From: Jon Rafkind (rafkind at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 25 17:15:29 EDT 2010

On 10/25/2010 03:06 PM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 4:54 PM, Jon Rafkind <rafkind at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
>> My motivation is to quickly test changes to core libraries (like
>> collects/racket) after doing a 'git pull --rebase'.
> Given that this is your motivation, why not just use:
>
>  'raco setup -D'
>
> which skips the documentation altogether?
The issue is building collects that I don't care about nor do the tests
exercise (like algol60, or all of drracket). In the event that there is
some subtle issue between my changes and a collect that I don't want to
build then DrDr will find it.

I usually just ctrl-c 'make install' when it gets to the scribble part
-- there is little chance I'm going to remember 'raco setup -D'.

Posted on the dev mailing list.