[racket-dev] Release for v5.0.2 has begun

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 20 13:40:33 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 3:39 PM, Doug Williams
<m.douglas.williams at gmail.com> wrote:
> I downloaded the pre-release version this morning - 10/20 (I believe it was
> a build from 10/16). The plot package and plot extensions in the science
> collection all work as expected. But, I am getting different numeric answers
> for some of my science collection routines (for example, the gamma function)
> and some of my newer code (for example, FFT) either fails with an error
> message or DrRacket just dies. All of this code uses unsafe operations and
> the problem may lie there somewhere. I'll try digging more deeply this
> evening.

There is a crash inducing bug in some uses of flround (at least, last
time I tried it). I haven't previously reported it as I haven't had
the time to narrow down the situation that causes it. My DCT package
on Github triggers it.

HTH,
N.

Posted on the dev mailing list.