[racket-dev] Release for v5.0.2 has begun

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Wed Oct 20 10:48:20 EDT 2010

On Oct 20, 2010, at 7:39 AM, Doug Williams wrote:

> I downloaded the pre-release version this morning - 10/20 (I believe it was a build from 10/16). The plot package and plot extensions in the science collection all work as expected. But, I am getting different numeric answers for some of my science collection routines (for example, the gamma function) and some of my newer code (for example, FFT) either fails with an error message or DrRacket just dies. All of this code uses unsafe operations and the problem may lie there somewhere. I'll try digging more deeply this evening.

Focus first on uses of unsafe-vector-ref and unsafe-vector-set!. (Not the fx and fl variants, just the plain ones).  I wound up removing these from the FFT code in order to get it to work.

Check out bug PR 11264.

Also, very late flash of insight: my response (getting rid of unsafe-vector-ref and unsafe-vector-set!) might explain my performance issues with the FFT library.

John