[racket-dev] Racket runs on 64-bit ubuntu, right?

From: Kevin Tew (tewk at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 7 18:25:54 EDT 2010

I should have added that the student also needs to type
gdb> backtrace
to get a full backtrace.

a full backtrace will be more informative.

racket segfaults always end in with a SIGABRT due to our custom use of
the SIGSEGV handler.
So the stack below is typical of segfaults.

On 10/07/2010 04:18 PM, John Clements wrote:
> On Oct 5, 2010, at 10:37 AM, Kevin Tew wrote:
>
>> I build on 64bit ubuntu every day.
>> a gdb backtrace would be helpful.
>>
>> gdb>  handle SIGSEGV nostop noprint
>> gdb>  run
>>
>> Kevin
> I finally got a reply from the student. Here's what he said:
>
>> Ok, sorry this took so long, but I had to do the ritual restoring of grub after installing windoze.
>>
>> The contents of the terminal: I highlighted my input, and also the error I get when I try just running drracket.
>>

>> Note; I did not run a backtrace on drracket, but gracket, which drracket links to. When I tried to run a backtrace on drracket it said it was not an executable, so I read the contents of drracket and it just links to gracket.
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> tmill at brutus:~$ gdb /home/tmill/racket/plt-5.0.1.7/bin/gracket
>> GNU gdb (GDB) 7.2-ubuntu
>> Copyright (C) 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>> License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
>> This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
>> There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
>> and "show warranty" for details.
>> This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
>> For bug reporting instructions, please see:
>> <http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>...
>> Reading symbols from /home/tmill/racket/plt-5.0.1.7/bin/gracket...done.
>> (gdb) handle SIGSEGV nostop noprint
>> Signal        Stop    Print    Pass to program    Description
>> SIGSEGV       No    No    Yes        Segmentation fault
>> (gdb) run
>> Starting program: /home/tmill/racket/plt-5.0.1.7/bin/gracket
>> [Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
>> [New Thread 0x7ffff46d7710 (LWP 8906)]
>> SIGSEGV MAPERR si_code 1 fault on addr 0x4
>>
>> Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
>> 0x00007ffff5e72ba5 in raise (sig=<value optimized out>)
>>      at ../nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/raise.c:64
>> 64    ../nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/raise.c: No such file or directory.
>>      in ../nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/raise.c
>>
>>  From Tony
> This sure doesn't *look* like the font issue that Matthew mentioned....
>
> John

Posted on the dev mailing list.