[racket-dev] Removing Xexpr preference from Web Server

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Tue Nov 30 13:33:15 EST 2010

Going back to a point I'm sure others have made already... Perhaps you
guys have a good sense of how many people would be affected by any
incompatibilities in this case?

Most people use "open-output-file" and hash tables, so you wanted to
migrate all those people gently somehow.  A relatively small percentage
of people used mutable pairs, at least outside of textbooks, so a harsh
migration path was more acceptable there.

I assume that the Web Server is somewhere between "open-output-file" and
mutable pairs in popularity.  If the tradeoff costs of
backward-compatibility work and moving the platform forward
expeditiously are unclear, perhaps you could poll the stakeholders.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/